There are only two kinds of music: good music and bad music
--Duke Ellington

Monday, June 20, 2011

High Strung String Band Album Release Party at Sweet Melissa's

If you are going to be in the Atlanta area the weekend of June 26th, you should check out the High Strung String Band at Sweet Melissa's Bluegrass Brunch.

http://atlanta.metromix.com/content_image/thumbnail/4x3/223/401319
Anytime that you have a chance to get brunch at Sweet Melissa's, you should jump on it anyway. Scrambled Eggs Supreme and big cakey biscuits are more than worth the drive to Decatur Square. And every Sunday they have live music which is usually really good.

Also, they have the coolest waitstaff in town.

But it's not really about Sweet Melissa's, it's about the High Strung String Band, a terrific young band from Athens, GA that deserves your support!

They are celebrating the release of their first album of all original on bluegrass / old-timey type music on Saturday, June 26th from 11am - 2 pm. Come check 'em out!












 for more information, go to:    http://www.highstrungstringband.com/index.html

2 comments:

  1. Is Buckhead still as cool as I {don't quite} remember? I have heard it went a little downhill during the last decade. I was sent down there for a week of training for a new job over a decade and a half ago before I was married. One of the last nights of 'training' was St. Patrick's day, and I remember about 12 of us packed into an older cruising vessel headed to Bucktown with Peter Frampton's live album playing while I had a chick on my lap to 'conserve space'...or at least that is what I told her. Do you feel like we do??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short answer: No.

    They closed down all the Buckhead clubs several years ago due to crime or something. I don't know, it happened before I moved here.

    ReplyDelete